Image Map

February 3, 2013

Superbowl, Super Sale, Super Hair Cut, Super Exhausted, and Currently!!


It's been a big day.  This morning our church celebrated their 9th birthday/anniversary.  It was the first of many Superbowl parties... everyone in their jerseys, popcorn and cookies after service, it was great.  

Then we headed to my parents house for lunch with my cousin... she is a traveling nurse and is stationed at present in our area.  She's a hoot to talk to!

Then we got home with enough time to turn on the game on our own TV.  I think it's funny how my little boys are so into the game... well mainly into the game... they took a break to go play legos for a while too.

I've been filling my cart over at TPT, haven't done the official check out yet, but I have loved hearing the TPT app on my phone go "cha-ching" many times today.  Thank you for your purchases!

I did take a moment before the game started to head to get my hair cut.  


It was a major cut - 11 inches.  A year ago I made the New Years Resolution that I wanted to grow my hair out for Locks of Love.  I've never done it before, and it has been important to me.  Over the past year my hair has driven me nuts - it's been curly and crazy and gets tangled by little fingers.  I guess bittersweet is the emotion I felt having the lady chop it off.  I did have tears well up as she cut it off and I have to say that I did close my eyes.


But it was worth it.  I know it's worth it... it's just so short!  

All in all - I came home, took a shower to get rid of all the extra hair floating all over, and then promptly fell asleep for a nice nap.  I never sleep during the day, so hopefully I can sleep tonight.  Then I woke up to a power outage and my husband going slightly ballistic over the game.

Okay - here's my Currently.  
I'll be number 593 on Farley's list if you are looking for me...


Pretty much self explanatory... I throw a hissy fit if someone dares to use the pencil sharpener when someone is talking or when someone else decides to talk when we are supposed to be listening.  

I think it's time to go check out... wish me luck!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love your blog. That is WONDERFUL that you did Locks of Love. I'm sure it is a big change that will take some getting used to. But it was for a great cause and will mean so much to someone that needs it.

    I'm one of your newest followers and I would LOVE if you would follow me as well. I just started blogging as one of my New Years resolutions and I'm loving it so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I'm heading over to your blog right now. :) Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete
  2. The hair cut is cute! :) And Locks of Love is such a great thing to donate to - we do it every year at our school. It's an all-girls school so we have plenty of ponytails every year. I think it's wonderful that you did it :)
    Lynn

    Fun in the Fours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm still getting used to it - my neck is cold. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooohhh, that's right, there are 3-day weekends coming! I found your blog through the currently link ups. Your new hair cut is cute! How generous of you to donate your hair.
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! Can't forget about those 3 day weekend... I love George and Abe!

      Delete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!