Image Map

February 28, 2013

Inferencing with Garbage?


Our story this week focuses on inferencing.  I saved this activity from Miss Britnee that I picked up during the Superbowl sale, and it was the perfect moment this morning to pull it out.  It was a great mini lesson.  

Inference and Summary Garbage Activity

For this activity I told the kids that I don't know my neighbors very well, so I decided to go through their garbage.  They looked at me disgusted, so I fessed up that I was just joking.  I said that we were going to pretend that I went through my neighbors' garbage and made a list of the different things that I found.  Oh, the lists are hilarious that she created... and from the lists the students then got into groups, using her worksheet, and created inferences. 


They did a great job.  We discussed them afterwards... everything from the neighbors must have a dog, to a baby, to just getting back from vacation.  It was really good and pretty funny!  
Just wanted to give a shout out about it, since perhaps someone else is looking for something perfect (and easy to prep).  

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! My kids would get a kick out of that - putting it on my to-try-ASAP list :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!