Image Map

December 22, 2012

All I Want For Christmas (Wish List)


The house is semi clean, the cookies are baked, we've tackled all the wrapping & grocery shopping, dinner is in the crockpot, and so... at this moment I am linking up today with Mrs. Leeby to share my wish list for this Christmas.  

Here are my top gifts from the following people...

1.  Students
I always appreciate gift cards from the kiddos at school.  I do enjoy the chocolate, treats, handmade gifts and cards, but I also love being able to pick up a Hot Caramel Apple Cider from Starbucks... I can't justify it if I don't have a gift card, but when I do then it makes it extra special. 
 
2 years ago one of the boys in class gave me this exact mug for Christmas.  It's still my favorite for my hot tea and I always think of Ricky.  

2.  Kiddies
My boys are growing too fast.  I'm being wishful, but I really wish that I had more days to rock them to sleep.  I still get hugs, but they just don't seem to need that physical affection like they used to.  I just wish I could hold onto the younger days.
boys    Until you...love this.
aw


3.  Husband
Going into Christmas I really have no clue what my husband or kids will be getting me.  I would love a day to do absolutely nothing but read my Kindle in my sweats with my hot tea.  I love spending time with my family, but sometimes being the only girl in a houseful of boys just gets to be too much.  I went upstairs the other night just to watch one of those Lifetime movies, fold laundry, and run a million things through the laminator at the same time.  I got maybe 5 minutes into it - the beginning credits were still going - before they all (3 kids and my husband) decided to talk to me in the same 5 feet area. 

 daily. happens daily.

4.  Parents/Family
Home Callout - Gift Card
Have you ever just reached the point there is nothing you really NEED?  I have... I really didn't have anything on my list this year.  What I need is to tackle stress head on and take care of myself.  Enter the Massage Envy gift card.  I asked my parents for this because with one I feel like I can treat myself to work out the knots in my neck.  Of course I've been given them before and it usually takes my husband calling for me to schedule an appointment... I have a bad case of denial that I'm in that bad of shape.  

5.  BFF
I really wish that I could have a girl's weekend to meet up with my BFF.  It's been so long - years - since we've been able to see each other in person.  Now she moved from another state to approx. 7 hours away by car but due to being an adult with responsibilities and kids and a busy calendar we still haven't met up.  Oh to be young and in charge of my own schedule...  

6.  Santa
I would love to have my own laptop.  Yes, I have one at school that I could bring home to use - but we all know that the school one isn't the same as one that you own... and choose... I want one of my own that I can carry around to get things done.  Maybe someday...
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Ha! I need my own laptop, too! We need to blog whenever we feel like it, right? :)
    And, omg, I could cry every time I hear that line from, "Love You Forever."
    Thank you so much for linking up!

    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a professional massage...I've never had one, but my husband gives a great one!! I'm your newest follower!!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I don't get a massage often enough - maybe once or twice a year... usually wait until the knots in my back and neck cause so much pain that I can't handle it anymore.

      Delete
  3. My friends and are really want to plan a little getaway just us girls!! It is so hard when everyone lives so far away! Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

I hope this was able to help you in some way. I love comments and I like to reply via email. Please make sure your profile is set up with your email address (and that it's not a noreply-comment@blogger.com). Have a great day!